The report on the Avalanche Photodiode (APD) Market is segmented By Type (Silicon-Based, Indium Gallium Arsenide (InGaAs), Germanium Materials, Others), By Application (Industrial, Medical, Mobility, Others), and Region – COVID-19 Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2026. This market research report provides in-depth information on trends, dynamics, revenue opportunities, competitive landscape, and recent developments in the global Avalanche Photodiode (APD) market. The historic years considered for the study are 2016-2019, the base year is 2020, the estimated year is 2021, and the forecast period is 2022-2026.
The Avalanche Photodiode (APD) Market is estimated to grow from USD 138.2 million in 2020 to USD 175.3 million by 2026 at a healthy CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period.
Some of the major players operating in the global Avalanche Photodiode (APD) Market are-
- First Sensor AG (Germany)
- Hamamatsu (Japan)
- Kyosemi Corporation (Japan)
- Luna (US)
- Excelitas (Canada)
- Osi optoelectronics (US)
- Edmund Optics (US)
- GCS (US)
- Accelink (China)
- NORINCO GROUP (China).
The report provides critical insights into the market dynamics that enables strategic decision making that is critical to the growth of the existing players as well as those planning to enter the market. This report offers an improvised approach to consolidate the growth decisions by covering the following features –
- Market structure – as it reflects the value chain of different commodities in the market.
- Drivers and Constraints – as both can affect any element of the marketing mix — product, budget, and place, etc.
- Market Forecast – a part of the decision-making process. This helps users with facts regarding projected sales dimensions, costs, market shares, and other areas of planning.
- Competitive landscape and dynamics: The user can determine the strengths and gaps. The information mentioned here will work towards enhancing the brand’s strategy.
- Growth strategies – allowing a small business to survive unexpected changes, and to grow into a bigger entity, and gain a greater competitive advantage.
The report covers maximum factors that affect the Avalanche Photodiode (APD) Market. According to this report,
The growing use of optical technology in the industrial sector, rise in digitization in emerging countries, and surge in the demand for diagnostic devices & systems in the healthcare sector are some of the key factors propelling the market growth. Moreover, the rising adoption of optics in R&D activities is another key factor augmenting the product demand. However, technical issues related to the use of avalanche photodiodes are likely to hamper industry growth.
Based on type, the avalanche photodiode market is categorized into silicon-based, indium gallium arsenide, germanium materials, and others. The silicon-based segment held a significant market share in 2020 and is estimated to register a healthy CAGR during the forecast timeline. Silicon-based avalanche photodiodes are sensitive in the wavelength region from ≈ 450 to 1000 nm, with the maximum responsivity occurring around 600–800 nm, and are cheaper than other types. Also, silicon-based APDs offer high sensitivity ranging from UV to NIR for low light detection at high speeds, thereby bolstering the segment growth.
By region, the Asia Pacific market accounted for a significant share in 2020 and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in the following years. This is mainly ascribed to the strong presence of consumer electronics and semiconductor companies in South Korea, China, Taiwan, and Japan. Also, increasing product adoption in industrial, medical, and mobility sectors for laser devices and optical scanners, further proliferates the regional market growth.
Critical Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the key trends in the global Avalanche Photodiode (APD) Market?
- How the market (and its various sub-segments) has grown in the last five years and what would be the growth rate in next five years?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on global Avalanche Photodiode (APD) Market?
- What are the key strategies adopted by the major vendors to lead in the global Avalanche Photodiode (APD) Market?
- What is the market share of the top vendors?
Wish to know more about the study? Click here to get a free sample.
Custom Research: Stratview research offers custom research services across sectors. In case of any custom research requirement related to market assessment, competitive benchmarking, sourcing and procurement, target screening, and others, please send your inquiry at +1-313-307-4176.
About Us –
Stratview Research is a leading global Market Research firm providing expert research solutions, trusted by clients worldwide. This firm possesses a global presence to enable current market information using the most up-to-date methodology, best-in-class research techniques, and cost-effective approaches. It also surveys clients in several countries to provide you with the most comprehensive illustration of global trends and behaviours.